Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Persistent heavy rainfall over Saint Lucia over the past few hours has raised the possibility of flooding and landslides in parts of island that are prone to those hazards.
The Saint Lucia Meteorological Services has therefore issued a flood warning for Saint Lucia with effect from 2:30 p.m. today until further notice.
Residents and motorists especially those in areas prone to flooding and landslides are urged to exercise extreme caution in their activities.
All residents of Saint Lucia are asked to pay attention to further announcements from the Saint Lucia Meteorological Services and the National Emergency Management Organisation (NEMO).
More Weather/Natural Disaster Stories
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019
- Saint Lucia under flood warning October 30, 2019
- Earthquake felt in Saint Lucia, Dominica and Martinique: report October 7, 2019
- Saint Met. Services staff undergo training October 4, 2019
- Medics in the Bahamas overwhelmed by the smell of dead bodies: report September 22, 2019