A family of five has been left homeless following a fire in Dennery.
Fire crews were called to the blaze which started in the upper flat of the two-storey wooden house in Rocky Lane at around 8:05 p.m. on Friday, December 4.
Two adults ( a couple) and their three children have now been left homeless.
St. Lucia News Online (SNO) understands that no one was at home when the fire started.
The mother of the three children, who is a security guard, was at work when she was told that her house was on fire, according to a fire official.
The children were staying at her mother’s home at the time.
“The mother said she going and check someone and they told her there is a fire in her area. Minutes later we were told it’s her house. Luckily the kids were by their grandma,” a resident told SNO.
Fire officials said it is suspected that the inferno may have started from gas being left on in the house.
An investigation into the fire is now underway.