Share This On:
Police have arrested a female on suspicion of extortion in connection with the disappearance of 83-year-old Gros Islet resident Cletus Hippolyte, also known as ‘ Banana Split’.
Hippolyte was last seen in the Gros-Islet area between Thursday, September 26 and Friday, September 27, relatives said.
According to reports, Hippolyte, who lived alone, has gone missing for the first time.
However, the case has now taken a mysterious twist, after a male, claiming to have information about the missing man, took a number of items, including cash, from the missing man’s family, according to reliable sources.
The male made contact after telephone numbers of the missing man’s relatives were published in the media, sources said.
The male requested boat fuel, a cell phone, clothing, food, water, medication, and top-ups. He also requested that the items be dropped off at a location in Dennery.
A woman collected the items, including the cell phone, but days later leads went cold. No new information and still no sign of their missing relative, sources further stated.
However, relatives were informed on Monday that a young female was arrested in Soufriere on suspicion of extortion after police tracked the cell phone the family provided, sources said.
We will provide more details on this developing story later today.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM