Share This On:
One individual has been confirmed dead as a result of a motor vehicle accident in Ciceron, Castries on Monday, Oct. 14, law enforcement officials said.
The name of the deceased has not been officially disclosed.
An emergency official told St. Lucia News Online that the Castries Fire Station responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident in Monkey Town, Ciceron at about 2:05 p.m.
The accident involved a truck that overturned on the road, the official said.
“On arrival at the scene, emergency personnel assessed the driver of the vehicle who happened to be the sole occupant at the time. He was found with negative vitals,” the official said.
“He was finally extricated from the wreckage and subsequently transported to Victoria Hospital via ambulance for further medical intervention,” the official added.
The victim was later pronounced dead by a medical doctor.
More details in a subsequent report.
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM
- Jamaican Rose Hudson-Wilkin becomes Church of England’s first black female bishop November 20, 2019 2:17 AM