Share This On:
Police have confirmed that a fatal motor vehicle accident occurred at the Castries waterfront on Saturday, Oct. 19.
The accident involved a motorcycle that crashed into the metal barriers with two male individuals on board.
Police said the rider has been identified as 20-year-old Monchy, Gros Islet resident Jn Marie Everiste.
His passenger, 19-year-old Kearan Pascal of Degazon, Gros Islet, was hospitalised was serious injuries.
Sources said Everiste died at the scene.
Emergency officials told St. Lucia News Online that fire officers from the Castries and Babonneau fire stations responded to the accident at about 9:55 p.m.
When they arrived at the scene, one of the victims was unresponsive and was pronounced dead at Victoria Hospital, officials said.
The second victim sustained serious injuries and was transported to hospital in a stable condition.
St. Lucia News Online has since received reports that the passenger died at the hospital on Sunday, but we are trying to confirm this and will update you in a subsequent report. CLICK HERE TO READ THE UPDATE
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM