Share This On:
Police have confirmed that a fatal motor vehicle accident occurred at the Castries waterfront on Saturday, Oct. 19.
The accident involved a motorcycle that crashed into the metal barriers with two male individuals on board.
Police said the rider has been identified as 20-year-old Monchy, Gros Islet resident Jn Marie Everiste.
His passenger, 19-year-old Kearan Pascal of Degazon, Gros Islet, was hospitalised was serious injuries.
Sources said Everiste died at the scene.
Emergency officials told St. Lucia News Online that fire officers from the Castries and Babonneau fire stations responded to the accident at about 9:55 p.m.
When they arrived at the scene, one of the victims was unresponsive and was pronounced dead at Victoria Hospital, officials said.
The second victim sustained serious injuries and was transported to hospital in a stable condition.
St. Lucia News Online has since received reports that the passenger died at the hospital on Sunday, but we are trying to confirm this and will update you in a subsequent report. CLICK HERE TO READ THE UPDATE
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM