Share This On:
A senior citizen was hospitalised after he was attacked and beaten at his home in an alleged robbery attempt on Thursday afternoon, November 7, according to law enforcement sources.
Richard Edgard, 76, of Entrepot, Castries, sustained “facial trauma” and was transported by Castries fire personnel to Victoria Hospital in stable condition, an official told St. Lucia News Online.
The Saint Lucia Fire Service was contacted at 2:30 p.m., the official said
According to another source, three males went to the victim’s home to rob him and “buss up all the man face”.
The perpetrators reportedly escaped in a “white SX4”, the source added.
The incident occurred in the vicinity of the health centre in Independence City, Entrepot, according to reports.
No further details were available.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM