Share This On:
SNO – Another earthquake shook Dominica on Tuesday evening, the second this week.
The latest quake took place at 8:17 pm, according to the Trinidad-based UWI Seismic Research Center.
The epicenter of the 4.6 quake was located 39 km south east of Roseau, 54 km north of Fort-de-France, Martinique and 118 km north of Castries, Saint Lucia.
Many Dominicans have since taken to social media to say they felt the quake.
On Monday a 3.3 magnitude tremor shook mostly the southern section of Dominica.
On January 8, a 5.2 quake took place off the southern coast of Dominica and was felt on several islands.
They were the latest in a series of quakes that has shaken the region in recent weeks.
It is unsure if the latest quake was felt on other islands.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM