Share This On:
(SNO) — The Martinique national police is investigating the fatal shooting of a young man in Volga Plage, Fort-de-France on Wednesday night, and the deceased is reported to be a Saint Lucian national, who is “unfavourably” known to the French neighbouring island’s police, according to local media.
Emergency personnel were called around 11:38 p.m. about the shooting. Upon arrival, they observed a man, who appeared to be in his 30’s, with about 20 bullet wounds in his back and stomach areas, according to Martinique 1ere. Another report — on RCI Martinique – stated that the victim is 19 years old, of Saint Lucian origin, and travelled frequently between Saint Lucia and Martinique.
The victim was in “cardiopulmonary arrest” when they arrive, but he was pronounced dead on the spot by a doctor one hour later, the report stated.
Martinique 1ere reported that several bullet castings were recovered on the scene near the body and a “large quantity” of drugs was also found on the deceased, while RCI FM reported that investigators found “a noticeable amount of cannabis resin” on his body.
The Volga is reportedly a hotbed of crime. A fatal shooting of a man occurred there just a few weeks ago, according to media reports.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM