Share This On:
Police have identified the body found floating in the waters off Gros Islet after 1:30 p.m today, Jan. 19
Police said Mequid Annerville, 29, also known as Aaron and Killer Yute, is suspected of drowning but a post mortem scheduled for tomorrow will determine the cause of death.
Annerville is originally from Dennery but resided on Chapel Street, Gros Islet, police said.
Relatives told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) that Annerville, a father of three, hadn’t been home for sometime.
They said he earned a living by “hustling” on beaches at Pigeon Island and Reduit.
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William stars in US university tennis tournament October 19, 2019 7:16 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Chopping in Gros Islet October 18, 2019 8:56 PM
- UPDATE: Guardsman security guard fatally shot in Balata identified; firearm stolen October 18, 2019 6:50 PM
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019 6:28 PM