Share This On:
(St. Lucia News Online) — Some five days after escaping the Bordelais Correctional Facility (BCF) with five other prisoners — all others are back behind bars — murder accused Markin Marquis met his demise at the hands of police Wednesday night.
According to police sources, Marquis was allegedly shot while the lawmen attempted to apprehend him in the Dennery beach area.
The authorities were tipped off that he was attempting to leave the island via boat, sources say.
An illegal firearm was allegedly found in Marquis’ possession.
It is unclear whether he discharged his weapon.
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
SEVEN (7) NEWS ITEMS ABOUT MARKIN MARQUIS (click the headlines to view the reports):
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools