Share This On:
CNN – Fifty people were killed inside Pulse, a gay nightclub, Orlando Police Chief John Mina and other officials said Sunday morning, just hours after a shooter opened fire in the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
At least 53 more people were injured, Mina said. Police have shot and killed the gunman, he told reporters.
“It’s appears he was organized and well-prepared,” the chief said, adding that the shooter had an assault-type weapon, a handgun and “some type of (other) device on him.”
Officials warned that a lengthy investigation was ahead, given the number of victims and the scope of the violence.
“There’s blood everywhere,” U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson told reporters. “There’s an enormous amount of evidence to be collected.”
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said he had declared a state of emergency for the city and has requested the governor do the same for the state.
More International News Stories
- Trump administration steps up scrutiny of pregnant visa applicants January 27, 2020
- Brazil: 30 dead, 3,500 displaced January 27, 2020
- Finally, a way to accurately count Carib nationals in US January 27, 2020
- Prostate overtakes breast as ‘most common cancer’ January 27, 2020
- Calls for ‘virginity repair’ surgery to be banned January 27, 2020
- China using HIV drugs to treat deadly coronavirus January 27, 2020
- Husband of Christina Mauser, victim in Kobe Bryant crash, speaks out January 27, 2020
- UK introduces new fast-track visa to attract scientists January 27, 2020
- Bryant’s helicopter flew in fog that grounded other choppers January 27, 2020