Share This On:
Police have made an arrest in connection with the armed robbery of Sea Town ‘Chinese restaurant’ on Brazil Street, Castries by two bandits on Sunday night, May 5, according to law enforcement sources.
One of the bandits was arrested on Tuesday, May 7 by Gros Islet police officers, sources have told St. Lucia News Online.
The suspect is from Corinth, Gros Islet and is believed to be the bandit who was armed with a firearm and only placed a towel over his face shortly after entering the restaurant, sources say.
The second bandit was armed with a knife and wore a greenish hoodie.
According to sources, the suspect hasn’t been charged but he remains in police custody.
Videos of the robbery, which was captured by security cameras, have gone viral.
The bandits got cash and beverage but did not harm the Filipino chef and the cashier.
A male customer who was in the restaurant dashed out seconds after he saw the bandits, leaving a child he had brought with him.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools