Police said Jarvanni Burtfield of Anse Ger, Desruisseaux died at hospital at midday yesterday after allegedly ingesting a poisonous substance at his home.
According to a police press release, officers from the Micoud Police Station were called to the residence of Elizabeth Felix of Anse Ger, Desruisseaux on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 about 10:30 am.
Upon arrival, police received information that Burtfield had allegedly ingested a harmful substance and subsequently collapsed.
He was transported to St. Jude’s Hospital where he was admitted and treated. He died at about 12:24 p.m.
Police said a post mortem is scheduled for a later date and investigations are ongoing.