Share This On:
The suspect in the stabbing death of a Babonneau man on Good Friday, March 30, 2018 has been formally charged, police officials have confirmed.
He is Naza Volney, 26, of Garrand, Babonneau.
Volney appeared in a First District Court today, Thursday, April 5, 2018, for the indictable charge of murder under Section 85 of the Criminal Code. It was his first appearance in court for the charge.
The magistrate then ordered him remanded to the Bordelais Correctional Facility until May 9, 2018 for the case management hearing.
Volney is accused of stabbing Miguel Geead, aka Papo, 24, of Cabiche, Babonneau multiple times on Good Friday night. The victim was reportedly at a bar hanging with friends when he was attacked.
Geead died several hours later on Saturday, March 31, at Victoria Hospital.
Geead and the accused had been feuding for years, according to relatives and friends of the deceased.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff