Share This On:
Eight people sustained minor injuries when a bus careened off the road and ended up in a ditch in Thomazo on Saturday, a Fire Service official confirmed.
Two ambulances from the Dennery Fire Station and personnel from the Dennery Police Station responded to the scene of the accident which occurred minutes after 11 a.m., the official said.
The injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, according to the official.
The bus, loaded with passengers, was on its way to Dennery from Castries when it got out of control and crashed, according to reports.
Emergency services were contacted at 11:27 a.m., the official said.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM