Share This On:
A 76-year-old businessman has been hospitalised after he was shot during a robbery in Mon Repos, Micoud on Saturday evening, November 9, 2019, according to law enforcement officials.
The businessman has been identified as Andrew Joseph.
Officials told St. Lucia News Online that the shooting occurred when two individuals held up his shop at gunpoint.
Officials said Joseph sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen and he was transported to St. Jude Hospital in stable condition.
The businessman’s wife and another female were in the shop at the time but they were not harmed, according to reports.
The Micoud Fire Station received the call at 7:15 p.m., officials said.
No further details were available.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM