Share This On:
A 76-year-old businessman has been hospitalised after he was shot during a robbery in Mon Repos, Micoud on Saturday evening, November 9, 2019, according to law enforcement officials.
The businessman has been identified as Andrew Joseph.
Officials told St. Lucia News Online that the shooting occurred when two individuals held up his shop at gunpoint.
Officials said Joseph sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen and he was transported to St. Jude Hospital in stable condition.
The businessman’s wife and another female were in the shop at the time but they were not harmed, according to reports.
The Micoud Fire Station received the call at 7:15 p.m., officials said.
No further details were available.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM