Share This On:
A 76-year-old businessman has been hospitalised after he was shot during a robbery in Mon Repos, Micoud on Saturday evening, November 9, 2019, according to law enforcement officials.
The businessman has been identified as Andrew Joseph.
Officials told St. Lucia News Online that the shooting occurred when two individuals held up his shop at gunpoint.
Officials said Joseph sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen and he was transported to St. Jude Hospital in stable condition.
The businessman’s wife and another female were in the shop at the time but they were not harmed, according to reports.
The Micoud Fire Station received the call at 7:15 p.m., officials said.
No further details were available.
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Finally: Micoud residents to get Wellness Centre after 28 years
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- Petition started to rename Harding University auditorium in honor of Botham Jean
- ‘Betty Clarke’ and Nadeige Suffren granted bail in Praslin drug bust case
- Invest Saint Lucia responds to concerns over Anse des Sables
- 47 more Saint Lucian nationals return home