Share This On:
Two men are dead as a result of a motor vehicle accident in Richfond, Dennery on Saturday night (May 11), according to law enforcement officials.
St. Lucia News Online understands that the motorcycle collided ‘head-on’ with a car, around 9 p.m., on the highway, in the vicinity of a gas station.
Officials have identified the deceased men as Jayvan Louis, also known as Jay, and pillion rider, Dexter Smith, also known as Wayne and Five Bag.
Both were aged 20 and residents of Grand Riviere, Dennery, officials told St. Lucia News Online.
The driver of the car sustained minor abrasions and was transported to hospital by private means, officials said.
Louis and Smith were transported to Dennery Hospital where they were pronounced dead by a medical doctor.
The emergency authorities received the report of the accident at 9:17 p.m.
No additional information was immediately available.
St. Lucia News Online extends its condolences to the friends and family of the victims.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools