Share This On:
(AFP) – An aerial view of the overflowing Das Velhas River in Sabara, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais state, Brazil, yesterday, after heavy rains.
At least 30 people have been killed in two days of intense storms in south-eastern Brazil, the Minas Gerais state Civil Defense office said.
Seventeen people are also missing, seven injured, and some 3,500 have been forced out of their homes following a series of landslides and building collapses.
More International News Stories
- Over 5,000 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in single day in China February 14, 2020
- Virus infects more than 1,700 health workers in China, 6 die February 14, 2020
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020
- UN: Congo’s ebola outbreak slows but still global emergency February 13, 2020
- Fall in new cases raises hope in virus outbreak in China February 13, 2020
- Coronavirus is a bigger threat than terrorism: World Health Organization February 12, 2020
- Pope rejects a proposal to allow married priests in the Amazon February 12, 2020