Share This On:
The United Workers Party (UWP) has endorsed its candidate for the Choiseul/Saltibus constituency.
Bradley Felix, a banker, will be contesting against the incumbent MP and Minister of Tourism, Lorne Theophilus.
This announcement comes in light of former MP Rufus Bousquet announcing plans to contest the seat as an independent, if he is not selected a UWP candidate.
Bousquet told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) in a recent interview that it was rumored that somebody has already been selected to contest the seat.
“The political leader (Allen Chastanet) has already indicated who his candidate is, although he has not made a public pronouncement. The reality on the ground is that everybody knows who the individual is.”
The party is now left to endorse three more candidates.
More Politics Stories
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019
- Sittings of the House of Assembly and the Senate December 6, 2019
- Senate sitting, today December 3, 2019
- SLP is pleased to once again respond to UWP on Juffali questions December 2, 2019
- UWP demands answers from SLP on former Saint Lucian diplomat November 29, 2019
- Home affairs minister contests Caribbean News Now report November 29, 2019