Share This On:
The United Workers Party (UWP) has endorsed its candidate for the Choiseul/Saltibus constituency.
Bradley Felix, a banker, will be contesting against the incumbent MP and Minister of Tourism, Lorne Theophilus.
This announcement comes in light of former MP Rufus Bousquet announcing plans to contest the seat as an independent, if he is not selected a UWP candidate.
Bousquet told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) in a recent interview that it was rumored that somebody has already been selected to contest the seat.
“The political leader (Allen Chastanet) has already indicated who his candidate is, although he has not made a public pronouncement. The reality on the ground is that everybody knows who the individual is.”
The party is now left to endorse three more candidates.
More Politics Stories
- PM Chastanent congratulates Taiwanese president on re-election January 13, 2020
- Prime Minister to deliver New Year’s Address this Sunday January 9, 2020
- Ministers attend first Cabinet meeting for 2020 January 7, 2020
- Saint Lucia’s debt worries opposition leader January 6, 2020
- “We must stand in solidarity” says SLP Women’s Organization January 4, 2020
- Former minister proposes “Eye Chart for all politicians in 2020” January 3, 2020