Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The BPP Saint Lucia Society will be hosting a Night of Poetry in celebration of the life and work of the late Sir Derek Walcott, on Wednesday 5th April 2017 at the BPP Business School, 2 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8BF, UK.
The event will feature a number of well known poets, writers and authors, both St. Lucian and from the Caribbean.
The BPP Society was founded in 2015 by Saint Lucian students studying at the University. The students include Law and business school students. The Society’s Mission is to assist with academic, housing and guidance support for St. Lucian students. The Society also organises social activities to bring the students together.
In March 2016, the Society put on a show titled “ A Taste Of Paradise” to build awareness of Saint Lucian culture in Britain . This successful event marked Saint Lucia’s Independence.
This time around the society wishes to celebrate the Life of St. Lucian icon Sir Derek Walcott, Nobel Prize winner for Literature in 1992.
A night of poetry – Tribute to Derek Walcott – will see St. Lucian authors Fiona Compton and Gemma Weekes resident in London, joining prize winning Jamaican author Kei Miller among others.
Admission is free and the event begins at 6 p.m. on the 5th April at the BPP Business School Student Lounge 2 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8BF, UK
Interested persons are welcome to contact the society via email at [email protected].
Or Kamara Lee, tel: 4613803
More Culture/History Stories
- Nobel Laureate Festival Celebrating Excellence: Vision 20/20 excels January 30, 2020
- Walcott Open House January 20, 2020
- Nobel Laureate Festival to launch, Wednesday January 6, 2020
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day December 13, 2019
- Valuing our heritage: Through the eyes of communities December 3, 2019
- Saint Lucia government to grow new ‘orange economy’ November 7, 2019
- Folk Research Centre gets assistance October 27, 2019
- Prize-giving ceremony for Kwéyòl Poetry Competition on today October 10, 2019
- Saint Lucia participates in Taiwan National Day celebrations October 9, 2019