Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A 7-year-old boy in Missouri was left with deformities after another child doused him in nail polish remover then set him ablaze, according to reports.
The victim’s mom, Ashley Lyons, said the horrifying attack Aug. 6 at their apartment complex in Independence has made her young son, Julien, unrecognizable, news station WDAF reported.
Lyons said she received a call that her fun-loving son was being rushed to the hospital after an 8-year-old neighbor allegedly set him on fire.
“The burns were so bad that they had to go in immediately and do surgery that they had to scrape his face and all of his skin,” Lyons told the news station.
Doctors told the family that his internal organs, including his lungs, may have been impacted as well.
“We really don’t know because he inhaled the flames [and] the smoke deteriorated inside his nostrils,” Lyons said.
A GoFundMe page was created to help raise money for his medical bills and move the family into safer housing, according to WDAF.
“The hospital is trying to release him soon, and we’re coming up with a home plan but there’s no home plan. This is not safe,” the mom told the news station.
Police told Lyons Thursday they are investigating the incident, The Kansas City Star reported.
More International News Stories
- Magnitude 6.8 earthquake shakes eastern Turkey, 2 injured January 24, 2020
- Mosquito-killing fungus wins prestigious award January 24, 2020
- US confirms second case of China virus, 50 under investigation January 24, 2020
- Teen speaks out about moment needlefish speared him in the neck January 24, 2020
- China building a hospital to treat virus, expands lockdowns January 24, 2020
- China virus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 confirmed cases January 24, 2020