Share This On:
(FOX4) — The parents of a man killed by a fired Dallas police officer are reportedly anxious about the upcoming murder trial.
Dallas County District Attorney John Crueuzot met with Botham Jean’s family from St. Lucia Thursday.
He said he tried to help them understand the American legal process and how the trial against Amber Guyger will proceed.
Guyger shot and killed Jean last year in his own apartment. She told police she mistook his apartment for hers and thought he was an intruder.
Cruezot said he also assured Jean’s parents that they have the support of the local community.
He explained how nervous Jean’s parents are about the case.
“I mean, it’s a sobering event, obviously, and a sad event. And they have anxiety about this and the trial coming up. I mean, we’re there now, virtually. And they’re going to hear the trial in regard to their son’s death. And how it’ll come out, we can’t promise them,” Creuzot said.
Guyger’s trial is scheduled to begin Monday morning.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM