Share This On:
(TRAVEL WEEKLY) — Following a property-wide, multimillion-dollar renovation, St. Lucia’s BodyHoliday has reopened in advance of its 30th anniversary.
“We approached the refurbishment of BodyHoliday with the overall goal to further deliver on our promise to ‘change people’s lives, one person at a time,'” said Andrew Barnard, the resort’s deputy managing director. “Upgrades to guest rooms and our dining venues were completed to enhance the wellness experience for guests and help them better achieve their wellness goals.”
The renovation included 76 Luxury Ocean View guest rooms, each of which was refreshed with a lighter color palette, new bay windows and new beds. Surround-sound USB speakers enable guests to hook up their own music. Bathrooms have been refurbished with tropical rainfall showers.
Two luxury villas, Villa Lara and Villa Calypso, were added to the resort. Both include an apartment and a junior suite: Apartments feature a master bedroom and walk-in closet, a private pool with a deck, a terrace and an outdoor dining room. The junior suite has a balcony and a master bedroom.
Dining experiences have been enhanced, as well. Tao, the signature Asian-fusion restaurant, has a new outdoor deck, and the entrance has shifted from its original location; an open-air set of stairs now leads up to the restaurant. A wine cellar has been added to the dining room.
A sushi counter and juice bar is now housed within the Deli, BodyHoliday’s casual restaurant.
- Fear among Caribbean people in New York
- BREAKING: Gov’t reveals ‘plans of action’ on the status of St. Lucians stranded overseas
- BREAKING NEWS: Man who threatened to kill PM Chastanet granted $6,500 bail
- St. Lucia’s CMO explains difference between quarantine and isolation
- Coronavirus: Safe use of masks
- Did shoppers break the curfew? Long lines at Massy stores before 5:30 a.m. (see videos)
- Saint Lucian seafarers crying out for help from Fedee, Chastanet
- UPDATED: Newly-wed US couple stranded in Saint Lucia