Share This On:
The body of former Prime Minister Edward Seaga arrived in Jamaica on a Caribbean Airlines flight from Miami, United States, just after 6 p.m. Sunday, June 2, 2019.
Prime Minister Andrew Holness was among a team of government officials and dignitaries that were at the airport when the former prime minister’s remains arrived at the Norman Manley International Airport (NMIA).
Seaga died at a hospital in Miami on Tuesday, May 28 — his 89th birthday — from cancer and other complications.
Seaga, who is Jamaica’s fifth prime minister, will be given a state funeral, according to media reports.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: Mom convinced papaya leaf juice cured her son of dengue December 9, 2019
- Jamaica: Fight over soap leaves little girl partially blind December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman defies doctors after getting three days to live December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Pregnant woman jumps from two-storey building December 6, 2019
- Jamaican man granted bail, claims self defence in BVI court case December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Cabbie finds $100,000 in car – Says it is a gift from God December 5, 2019
- Jamaica: Cops nab 4 alleged phone grabbers, one accused car thief December 5, 2019