Share This On:
(GIS) — The Ministry of Economic Development has joined forces with the Bocage Development Committee to rehabilitate a step-pathway near the Bocage Secondary School.
The pathway is often used by residents, as well as the students and teachers of Bocage Secondary.
Minister with responsibility for Culture and Creative Industries, Sen. Hon. Fortuna Belrose, expressed contentment with the work done.
“The project was necessary for the community and for the children of the school, so we are happy to deliver,” she said. “Government is about caring for the people, so when a critical need arises, it is our responsibility to answer to it.”
The ceremonial cutting of the ribbon to declare the step pathway open was done by Acting Prime Minister, Hon. Guy Joseph, and the principal of the Bocage Secondary School.
Minister Joseph encouraged the students to aspire.
“As a government we place great value on the children of the country,” he said. “In the years to come one of you may be standing where I am standing today, as one of the leaders in your community. Do not limit yourselves. You may see yourself only as a student, and you may not know what the future holds, but remember, your principal was once like you, Minister Belrose was once like you, I was once like you.”
The Bocage Step Pathway Project opening ceremony took place on Monday, Feb. 12.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM