Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Jessie Frederick, a Grade 5 student from the Bocage Combined School emerged as the winner of this year’s Francophonie Poster Competition.
This is an annual competition open to all Primary Schools on the Island in observance of Francophonie (Celebration of French Language and Culture) around the world. This was organized by The St. Lucia National Commission for UNESCO.
He submitted a poster under the Theme “ La Francophonie: un univers magique” ( Francophonie: A magical Universe). His hand painted submission was able to edge out students from many Primary Schools in St. Lucia.
He walked away with a top prize of a Tablet, $200 Educational supplies voucher, 3 months scholarship to the Alliance Francaise, 1st Prize Trophy and enrollment in a Summer Art Programme.
The principal of the School, Mr. Davis Thomas and the French Teacher, Mrs. Jammick Alcee were very pleased with Jessie’s accomplishment.
They have promised to make Jessie Frederick an honorary ambassador to motivate the other students to show more interest in the French Programme currently done at the School from Kindergarten to Grade 6.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM