Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Do you know what your blood pressure is? Find out today at Super J Waterfront, where the company is teaming up with the St. Lucia Diabetes and Hypertensive Association to make this happen.
Members of the public are having their blood pressure checked free of charge in a bid to raise awareness of the link between high blood pressure and strokes. The screening is part of the observance of World Hypertension Day (WHD) which will be observed worldwide tomorrow, May 17.
The purpose of the WHD is to promote public awareness of hypertension and to encourage citizens of all countries to prevent and control this “silent killer”, the modern epidemic. The annual observance provides an opportunity to emphasise awareness of the disease to improve, prevent and control hypertension.
Consolidated Foods Ltd. is a proud annual financial contributor to the association, supporting many of the organisation’s educational and public awareness activities.
More Health Stories
- St. Jude Hospital receives new state-of-the-art ambulance November 7, 2019
- Saint Lucia schools reporting cases of hand, foot and mouth disease November 6, 2019
- PAHO hosts HEARTS initiative workshop in Saint Lucia November 6, 2019
- St. Jude Hospital reconstruction underway November 5, 2019
- Saint Lucia, PAHO partner on cardiovascular health November 5, 2019
- Saint Lucia strengthens public health surveillance systems November 5, 2019
- Doctors warn women not to use toothpaste to ‘tighten their vaginas’ October 12, 2019