Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Do you know what your blood pressure is? Find out today at Super J Waterfront, where the company is teaming up with the St. Lucia Diabetes and Hypertensive Association to make this happen.
Members of the public are having their blood pressure checked free of charge in a bid to raise awareness of the link between high blood pressure and strokes. The screening is part of the observance of World Hypertension Day (WHD) which will be observed worldwide tomorrow, May 17.
The purpose of the WHD is to promote public awareness of hypertension and to encourage citizens of all countries to prevent and control this “silent killer”, the modern epidemic. The annual observance provides an opportunity to emphasise awareness of the disease to improve, prevent and control hypertension.
Consolidated Foods Ltd. is a proud annual financial contributor to the association, supporting many of the organisation’s educational and public awareness activities.
- St. Lucia thanks India for US$1M grant, ‘significant quantity of medical supplies’
- Saint Lucia is COVID-19-free — again! (+video)
- India donates US$1 million, medical supplies to St. Lucia
- Saint Lucia recognizes its nurses (+audio, photos, videos)
- Rubis donates PPE to Saint Lucia (+video)
- UPDATE: Saint Lucia receives 55 negative COVID-19 test results
- Substance use and misuse during COVID-19
- CARPHA urges the public to protect themselves against mosquito borne diseases
- Saint Lucia receives 33 negative COVID-19 test results