Share This On:
Two bisexual contestants of popular UK show ‘Blind Date’ are complaining that their prize-winning trip to Saint Lucia turned out to be a nightmare because they were told homosexuality is illegal on the island.
According to media reports in the UK, ‘Blind Date’ fans are angry that the men were sent to Saint Lucia where gay sex is illegal.
A Channel 5 spokesman has reportedly admitted to the mistake of sending the men to the ‘wrong island’.
“We didn’t know and are taking this up with the production company,” a spokesman is quoted as saying by The Sun newspaper.
The male couple, who won the prize, have been identified as Jordan Shannon and Jesse Drew.
Jordan reportedly told the Daily Star newspaper that he was informed about the gay issue in Saint Lucia on the way to their hotel.
“I didn’t know this until I was told on the way to the hotel. I thought: ‘What the f**k?’,” he was quoted as saying.
The newspaper further reported that “Jesse couldn’t relax after security advised him of island rules”.
“The hotel security woman told me how most gay men were in the closet there [Saint Lucia] as homosexuality is illegal. It’s 10 years in prison if caught,” he added.
The newspaper reported that “Jordan and Jesse returned safely to the UK following the tense trip”.
Their date episode is scheduled to air next Sunday, the newspaper reported.
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM