Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – After the training of GAPs, marketing and business strategy, post-harvest and food safety, cultivation management and pesticide management, farmers in St. Lucia have not only learned much information in agriculture but also knew the needs from market.
However, even though the farmers have already knew the needs from market, they still don’t know when to produce the vegetables and fruits at the right timing, so Taiwan Technical Mission have brought an amazing training in production scheduling to the farmers.
The course was held on October 23rd in Vieux Fort and Soufriere. Both regions are very important production area in agriculture, this training have provided farmers to know how to scheduled their production in order to increase the yield and provide a stable quantity of vegetables and fruits during the peak season, so the people in St. Lucia can have more chance to get the fresh local vegetables and fruits everyday
There were 120 farmers attended the training, and this course got very good feedback. After training, some farmers even expressed their thanks to the instructors. They also would like to have more trainings in the future! The Taiwan Technical Mission heard your voice! We will keeping hold more different and excellent trainings in St. Lucia, please look forward to it
More Agriculture Stories
- National consultation on rainwater harvesting December 4, 2019
- Agricultural Consultations of the Climate Adaptation Financial Facility November 28, 2019
- New Castries market nears completion: officials November 8, 2019
- Broader horizons for Black Bay Farmers November 6, 2019
- Bee City Project to boost Saint Lucia’s apiary industry November 5, 2019