Share This On:
(SNO) — A woman from Bexon is giving credit to her rosary for protecting her from a bullet and saving her life, MBC Prime has reported.
The television networks reported that Martha Fumer, 59, was sitting on her porch on March 16 praying when a shooting took place nearby.
She was injured in the incident.
Speaking in Creole she explained during that she heard loud explosions and felt something like blood on her neck. Upon examination, she said she realized her hands were red with blood.
Fumer was taken to hospital by a private vehicle and underwent surgery the next day.
She now believes the beads of the rosary saved her from her close encounter with death.
“I never miss my rosary on me,” she said in Creole. “I am always here praying with my rosary in my hands. I can say, it’s the rosary that saved me.”
Fumer is expected to undergo another surgery for her injuries.
One man has been arrested following the shooting incident.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM