Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Saint Lucia is celebrating its century-old cocoa industry with a choc-a-block schedule full of cacao-related activities for the month of August.
The heritage of cocoa on Saint Lucia, an island in the eastern Caribbean, dates back to the early 1700s. Today, there are several plantations on the island, all of which have been harvesting and producing cocoa for centuries. In celebration, the month of August has been declared the “Month of Chocolate”.
Atlyn Forde, Assistant Director of Marketing UK and Europe at the Saint Lucia Tourist Board, said: “Chocolate Heritage Month recognises the role cocoa and its beloved by-product, chocolate, has played in its history. Visitors will have the opportunity to learn the process of making chocolate, from bean to bar and also the wellness benefits attributed to it.”
Travellers can expect four weeks of chocolate-related fun with an exciting programme full of chocolate tastings, chocolate infused spa treatments, choc-tails and chocolate infused dishes, bean to bar experiences, chocolate making workshops, cocoa plantation tours, Cocoa-Rina dances, and a chocolate heritage trail.
Best at Travel is getting involved with the following Saint Lucia packages:
Boucan – Hotel Chocolat is a 4 star hotel nestled within cocoa groves on Saint Lucia’s oldest remaining cocoa plantation, Rabot Island.
Look forward to:
• Cacao infused spa treatments, from massages to detox body wraps.
• Tree to Bar Experience: a tour through the cocoa groves, including cocoa pod picking, visiting the seeding nursery, fermenting room, and sun drying station, and making your own chocolate bar.
• Cocktails, sorbets, and dishes infused with cacao pulp, such as a chocolate sponge dome with molten chocolate interior, a trio of homemade ices following the progression from pod to chocolate, and a 9-stage chocolate tasting plate.
Deal: Get 7 nights Bed & Breakfast from £1349 per person. Includes FREE Tree to Bar tour.
Find out more.
Anse Chastanet is a 4 star hotel overlooking the Caribbean Sea with an on-site Chocolate Laboratory.
Look forward to:
• Chocolate sensory tastings and truffle making classes
• Chocolate infused dishes, such as Hot Chocolate Croissant Pudding
• Spa treatments like a Chocolate Citrus Body Polish, Mocha Massage, and Hot Chocolate Candle Massage.
• Emerald Estate Tree to Bar Tour
Deal: Get 7 nights all-inclusive from £1695 per person. Find out more.
More Tourism Stories
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa wins wedding award February 27, 2020
- Government launches TSA February 20, 2020
- Saint Lucia welcomes Run for Fun Cruise February 20, 2020
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020
- Minister of Tourism to host press conference, Monday February 14, 2020
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020
- Former UK tourist board director launches Travel Insights Report January 20, 2020