Share This On:
(TMZ) — Grammy-award winning artist Louie Rankin — famous for his role as Ox in the movie “Belly” — died in a car crash in Canada … TMZ has confirmed.
Details are scarce, but Louie died Monday in a fatal wreck in Ontario, Canada … the crash reportedly involved a transport truck and another vehicle.
Louie starred alongside Nas and DMX in the 1998 crime drama “Belly” … and his character, Ox, was a Jamaican kingpin.
Nas and Louie became close friends during filming, and the pair reunited years later for a cameo in a DJ Khaled music video for his song, “Nas Album Done.”
His other acting credits include 2002’s “Shottas” and 2014’s “We Run These Streets.”
Born and raised in Jamaica, Louie was also a Jamaican dancehall and reggae artist … and he released a huge single in 1992 called “Typewriter,” which won a Grammy.
Louie often referred to himself in his lyrics as the “Original Don Dada.”
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM