Share This On:
(TMZ) — Grammy-award winning artist Louie Rankin — famous for his role as Ox in the movie “Belly” — died in a car crash in Canada … TMZ has confirmed.
Details are scarce, but Louie died Monday in a fatal wreck in Ontario, Canada … the crash reportedly involved a transport truck and another vehicle.
Louie starred alongside Nas and DMX in the 1998 crime drama “Belly” … and his character, Ox, was a Jamaican kingpin.
Nas and Louie became close friends during filming, and the pair reunited years later for a cameo in a DJ Khaled music video for his song, “Nas Album Done.”
His other acting credits include 2002’s “Shottas” and 2014’s “We Run These Streets.”
Born and raised in Jamaica, Louie was also a Jamaican dancehall and reggae artist … and he released a huge single in 1992 called “Typewriter,” which won a Grammy.
Louie often referred to himself in his lyrics as the “Original Don Dada.”
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM