Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The British-Caribbean Chamber of Commerce welcomes and endorses British Prime Minister David Cameron’s statement on deepening the working relationship between the UK and the Caribbean, together with his simultaneous announcement that prestigious Chevening Scholarship places will immediately be doubled for the Caribbean, including Saint Lucia.
British High Commissioner, Victoria Dean embraced the announcement and commented “Doubling the number of Chevening Scholarships is one of the best ways the UK can help support the Caribbean”.
John Kennedy, President of the British-Caribbean Chamber of Commerce in Saint Lucia said ”the Chamber recently facilitated a number of young people from Saint Lucia to travel to the UK to study law and business on full Tuition Fee scholarships, the doubling of the prestigious Chevening Scholarship allocation for Caribbean students is a fantastic new opportunity and will provide a foundation for future know-how, enhancing the commercial capacity of the beneficiary states.
The British Prime Minister is correct to focus on deepening working relationships and this is in complete synergy with our own objectives and work-plan which led to the establishment of the BCCC Saint Lucia, almost a year ago.
More Caribbean Stories
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Jamaica: Dengue Diary – My First Hand Experience With A Deadly Disease November 11, 2019
- Jamaica: Lotto Scam Victim Still Owed Near US$400K November 11, 2019
- Jamaica: Half the world’s women have a back-up man – study shows November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019