Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The directors and executive management team of Bay Gardens Resorts continue to show dedication to recognize the outstanding efforts of the valued team members of the locally-owned and managed resort chain.
It is in this vein that the Annual Staff Awards Ceremony & Dinner was held at the Bougainvillea Conference Room, Bay Gardens Hotel on Saturday, March 9, 2019.
At the Vegas-style ceremony with the theme “Bay Gardens Resorts A Winning Hand”, a number of awards were up for grabs including: Team Member of the Year, Most Nominated Team Member of the Year, Supervisor of the Year, Manager of the Year, Department of the Year and Unsung Hero.
The highest honor of the evening, the Lifetime Achievement Award, was bestowed on Restaurant and Bar Manager for Bay Gardens Hotel & Inn, Ms. Amella Wilness.
Joining the Bay Gardens Resorts family in 2000 as a waitress, Ms. Wilness’ exemplary performance catapulted her to the position of restaurant supervisor then restaurant and bar manager, the last position being held by her, for the past 10 years. With quality and excellence as hallmarks of her work, her professional and personal character embody the spirit of the Lifetime Achievement Award.
On display on the evening were the varied talents of team members from Master & Mistress of Ceremony, Bartender Mr. Yohann Willix and Front Office Agent Ms. Charlene Mohammed, who conducted the evening’s proceedings with poise and precision to Kids Club Coordinator Ms. Francisca Thomas and IT Assistant Mr. David Popo (Young DP) whose entertainment performances garnered resounding applause.
Keynote speaker for the evening, SLHTA 1st Vice President Mr. John Mathurin and Honorable Minister Dominic Fedee delivered inspiring addresses, capping off a spectacular evening celebrating the stellar achievements of the Bay Gardens Resorts team members.
During Mr. Mathurin’s address he commented that “the growing demography of our tourism market wants to experience you, your life, your culture, your family, your personalities, your environment and not one manufactured according to the fancies of a corporate world. You, as one Bay Gardens family is certainly leading the charge as bellwether”.
Complementing this was the Honorable Minister’s glowing commendation on the work which the Executive Management Team, led by Mrs. Joyce Destang, OBE and Mr. Sanovnik Destang, continue to do in fostering an environment where Bay Gardens Resorts will continue to be “A Winning Hand” for many years to come.
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM