Share This On:
Bay Gardens Resorts edged out solid competition from some of St. Lucia’s major business houses to win the award for ‘Marketing Excellence’ at the St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture’s fourth annual ‘St. Lucia Business awards’.
The locally owned and managed hotel chain received the honour at a gala award ceremony hosted at the Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa and Beach Resort.
The company was victorious for being able to illustrate the direct correlation between its marketing strategy and an increase in revenue across its three hotels. The other finalists in this category were telecommunications company LIME and Winward & Leeward Brewery Limited.
The awards recognize excellence among the ranks of St. Lucia’s business community and the 2013 awards saw a record number of nominees, making for quite stiff competition. Awards were handed out across a range of categories including: ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’, ‘Business of the year’, ‘Green Award’, among others.
The group’s Executive Director, Sanovnik Destang, accepted the award on behalf of Bay Gardens Resorts and thanked the entire team of Bay Gardens Resorts, as well as the St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce.
Destang also revealed that his secret to success was through a forward thinking marketing strategy heavily reliant on social media and other specifically targeted internet-related marketing activities that have allowed this local company to reach an international audience at minimal costs with maximum returns.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Republic Bank (EC) meets Saint Lucia business community February 20, 2020
- BOSL to host second Own Your Home showcase and seminar February 19, 2020
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020
- General procurement notice: Closure Plan for Vieux Fort Landfill February 18, 2020
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020