Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Baron Foods Limited, Saint Lucia’s leading manufacturing company, has received five awards from the Saint Lucia Manufacturers Association (SMA).
The Diamond Awards were conferred on the company during the SMA’s quarterly awards held at the Sandals Halcyon this past weekend.
Prime Minister Doctor Kenny Anthony was among those in attendance.
Baron Foods Limited received diamond awards in all categories, namely: Product and Customer-Service Quality, Human Resource Development, Implementation of Standards and Best Practices, Social Responsibility and Leadership.
The SMA awards add to a slew of other accolades Baron Foods has already obtained locally, regionally and internationally.
The company’s Chief Executive Officer and founder, Mr. Ronald Ramjattan, has said that Baron Foods Limited has a strong genesis of quality, standards and social responsibility in its programmes.
“We started our journey into Quality from day one from 1991 with a range of twelve products with exceptional quality and packaging, being one of the best brands in the Caribbean. It paved the way for immediate export to major Caricom member states,” Mr. Ramjattan said.
He disclosed that Certified Standard by third party audit by SGS was introduced to Baron Foods Limited over twenty years ago by adopting the HACCP and then, through continuous improvements, into ISO 22000 and finally into FSSC quality certification management system
“The Diamond awards presented by the SMA to Baron Foods on Saturday night underscores our own commitment to the core principles of building blocks used by us in the area of quality , standards, human resource , social responsibility and product and customer services ,” the Baron Foods Limited CEO explained.
Mr. Ramjattan added:“This journey into excellence by adopting all of the new and improved standards will continue to remain pivotal as the main ingredients in piloting Baron Foods in its continued journey, satisfying our customers’ palate worldwide with pizzazz.”
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”