Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — Three St Michael men are scheduled to appear in court today, charged in connection with the seizure of more than $1 million worth of cannabis.
They are Christopher Dave Johnson, 36 years, of Martindale’s Road; 35-year-old Malo Anthony Edwards of Taylor’s Gap, Martindale’s Road and Colvin Ishmael Brathwaite, 47, of Brandons Main Road.
The trio is jointly charged with possession of cannabis, intent to supply and trafficking.
Police were acting on a tip when members of the Marine Section and the Barbados Coast Guard intercepted a fishing vessel 27 miles off Needhams Point, within the island’s territorial waters.
They discovered 16 polyethylene bags all containing vegetable matter suspected to be cannabis. The bags weighed about 300 kilogrammes and the contents have an estimated street value of $1 210 400.
Johnson, Edwards and Brathwaite are all scheduled to appear at the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ court. (PR/SAT)
More Barbados News Stories
- Barbados reaches deal with foreign creditors October 21, 2019
- Barbados: Marriott buying Elegant Hotels Group October 21, 2019
- Barbados native Shakera Yearwood flying high in Dubai September 30, 2019
- Trinidadian women charged for assaulting man in Barbados September 27, 2019
- “Strong” tropical wave approaching Barbados, officials monitoring system September 21, 2019
- Barbados: Decomposed bodies of two women found September 7, 2019
- Barbados pastor Victor Roach dies July 21, 2019
- After recording 32 murders, Barbados looks to FBI July 21, 2019