Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) A distraught couple is ready to take the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) to court over the final fate of their stillborn child.
They are seeking legal advice in the pursuit of damages for emotional and psychological trauma after being told their child’s body had been dumped.
The pair, who requested anonymity, met with THE NATION in the office of attorney Michael Lashley in Roebuck Street, The City, who is representing the parents.
“On January 8 I was feeling pain so I went in for a check-up and was sent to get an ultrasound. I was told something was wrong with my baby’s head and brain and that I had to terminate the pregnancy,” the woman said.
She said she was admitted on January 11 and birth was induced the following day.
The father had asked for an autopsy to be done to find out what went wrong.
The mother said she was discharged the day after with no medication, suffering bad cramps and passing tissue from her body. But matters were about to worsen. (CA)
More Barbados News Stories
- Barbados reaches deal with foreign creditors October 21, 2019
- Barbados: Marriott buying Elegant Hotels Group October 21, 2019
- Barbados native Shakera Yearwood flying high in Dubai September 30, 2019
- Trinidadian women charged for assaulting man in Barbados September 27, 2019
- “Strong” tropical wave approaching Barbados, officials monitoring system September 21, 2019
- Barbados: Decomposed bodies of two women found September 7, 2019
- Barbados pastor Victor Roach dies July 21, 2019
- After recording 32 murders, Barbados looks to FBI July 21, 2019