Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — Police have recovered more than 120 shells from the scene of one shooting incident.
This was revealed by Attorney General Dale Marshall, as he reiterated that not only Government, but every individual must play a part in arresting the scourge of rising gunplay and violence in the country.
He was speaking during the video launch of an anti-violence song on Saturday evening in Melrose, St Thomas.
Marshall, under whose portfolio the Royal Barbados Police Force now falls, was responding to a call from resident Elderson Smith to tighten the borders. They were at the Cloudy Chill Spot, for the launch of Open Ya Eyes featuring Joe Cloudy and Aja.
“The police officers told me recently in a street, a very short street, shorter than 45 metres, they picked up over 100 spent shells in one night,” he said without naming the community.
More Barbados News Stories
- 4.4 magnitude quake occurred south of Barbados, says SRC February 13, 2020
- Barbados PM slams CARICOM nations over health, education February 11, 2020
- Barbados PM wants new CDB strategy February 11, 2020
- Barbados denies entry to MV Caribbean Princess cruise ship February 10, 2020
- Barbados issues oil exploration licences February 7, 2020
- Barbados takes dip in corruption ranking January 24, 2020
- Barbados: Historic guilty pleas to murder January 17, 2020