Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — Police have recovered more than 120 shells from the scene of one shooting incident.
This was revealed by Attorney General Dale Marshall, as he reiterated that not only Government, but every individual must play a part in arresting the scourge of rising gunplay and violence in the country.
He was speaking during the video launch of an anti-violence song on Saturday evening in Melrose, St Thomas.
Marshall, under whose portfolio the Royal Barbados Police Force now falls, was responding to a call from resident Elderson Smith to tighten the borders. They were at the Cloudy Chill Spot, for the launch of Open Ya Eyes featuring Joe Cloudy and Aja.
“The police officers told me recently in a street, a very short street, shorter than 45 metres, they picked up over 100 spent shells in one night,” he said without naming the community.
More Barbados News Stories
- Barbados reaches deal with foreign creditors October 21, 2019
- Barbados: Marriott buying Elegant Hotels Group October 21, 2019
- Barbados native Shakera Yearwood flying high in Dubai September 30, 2019
- Trinidadian women charged for assaulting man in Barbados September 27, 2019
- “Strong” tropical wave approaching Barbados, officials monitoring system September 21, 2019
- Barbados: Decomposed bodies of two women found September 7, 2019
- Barbados pastor Victor Roach dies July 21, 2019
- After recording 32 murders, Barbados looks to FBI July 21, 2019