Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — Police have recovered more than 120 shells from the scene of one shooting incident.
This was revealed by Attorney General Dale Marshall, as he reiterated that not only Government, but every individual must play a part in arresting the scourge of rising gunplay and violence in the country.
He was speaking during the video launch of an anti-violence song on Saturday evening in Melrose, St Thomas.
Marshall, under whose portfolio the Royal Barbados Police Force now falls, was responding to a call from resident Elderson Smith to tighten the borders. They were at the Cloudy Chill Spot, for the launch of Open Ya Eyes featuring Joe Cloudy and Aja.
“The police officers told me recently in a street, a very short street, shorter than 45 metres, they picked up over 100 spent shells in one night,” he said without naming the community.
More Barbados News Stories
- Barbados: Historic guilty pleas to murder January 17, 2020
- Former Barbados government minister guilty of money laundering January 17, 2020
- Barbados: Two charged with robbing KFC January 16, 2020
- Barbados: Legalise same-sex marriage January 16, 2020
- Barbados gov’t digging for corruption January 16, 2020
- Barbados: Minister used position for greedy gains January 15, 2020
- Barbados: Nude beachgoer admitted to psych hospital January 15, 2020
- Barbados: Medicinal marijuana licensing ‘to begin next month’ January 14, 2020
- Woman dies after JetBlue flight from Barbados; family wants answers January 13, 2020