Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley met today with members of the family of missing tourists Oscar Suarez and Magdelena Devil at Ilaro Court. The couple went missing last week Monday after renting a Jet Ski on a beach on Holetown.
They were last seen on CCTV heading out to sea in a southerly direction. After extensive searches by law enforcement and coast guards officials and a plane sent by the United States government, the search was called off at sunset on Sunday.
Press Secretary Roy Morris, in updating THE NATION, said the PM expressed regret at their loss.
When asked about reports circulating of a body and jet ski found in the waters near St Maarten, Morris said, “I cannot confirm the discovery of any body anywhere, at this time.”
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort wins ‘America’s Most Eco-Friendly Hotel’ award November 9, 2019 1:45 PM
- VIDEO: Schoolgirls, two women fight at Castries fast food outlet November 9, 2019 1:17 PM
- Cow thief arrested by Anse La Raye police November 8, 2019 10:20 PM