Share This On:
(BARBADOS TODAY) – A 53-year-old man, who stole several items from the Barbados Vagrants and Homeless Society (BVHS), will spend the next nine months at HMP Dodds.
Kenneth Francis Jeremie, of 8th Avenue, Belleville, St Michael, pleaded guilty to entering the Tudor Street building as a trespasser sometime between December 8 and 11.
He apparently climbed over the gate of the building and used a ladder that was in the yard in order to climb through a window. He then proceeded into a storeroom and stole a projector worth $1,800 and two steel toe shoes worth $400.
The president of the BVHS, Kemar Saffery, had reportedly secured the building on December 8, but later realized that the items were missing from the storeroom.
A review of CCTV footage of the building showed an individual with a jacket over his head entering the room and pulling the camera from the wall.
Jeremie, who is known to the court, turned himself over to the police. However, the property was not recovered.
More Caribbean Stories
- Grenada: Bus conductor fined for defecating in public October 21, 2019
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Pilot survives plane crash in Guyana October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Man sodomized and murdered 4-year-old stepson October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Ex-soldier found guilty of beheading uncle October 18, 2019
- Guyana imports over $10.9 billion in snacks: minister October 18, 2019