Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley has lit a fire under the Barbados Light & Power Co. Ltd (BL&P), telling the Canadian-owned company that it must do all in its power over the next few weeks to rectify the problems at its Spring Garden plant which has led to islandwide outages for the past two days.
She also told the company, owned by Emera Corporation, its plans to change its problem-plagued equipment in the next 12 to 18 months was “completely untenable”.
She said the company must explore all options to rectify the problem in a shorter period.
Mottley met with the top brass of the electric company, including chairman Rick Janega and managing director Roger Blackman, at Government Headquarters for almost two hours late yesterday evening, minutes after she arrived from an overseas assignment.
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM
- Police fire live ammunition, tear gas in Dominica protest (See video) December 3, 2019 4:16 PM
- Saint Lucian sculptor Jallim Eudovic to receive major Caribbean Award December 3, 2019 2:16 PM
- Botham Jean’s brother receives police award December 3, 2019 1:45 PM