Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — The families of missing American couple Oscar Suarez and Magdalena Devil are taking matters into their own hands.
They have decided to launch a new search for the New Jersey pair who disappeared at sea after renting a jet ski at Holetown, St James, for a 30-minute ride on June 24.
While the family declined to speak to the local media when they recently visited the island, Susanna Cruz, the sister of 32-year-old Oscar, made the announcement on Tuesday during a sit-down interview with American television network Fox News.
“We plan to go on Thursday morning. We will likely fly to a neighbouring island to charter a boat or ferry because there is nothing directly from Barbados to go the entire coastline and pretty much search ourselves as a family,” she said.
More Barbados News Stories
- Barbados native Shakera Yearwood flying high in Dubai September 30, 2019
- Trinidadian women charged for assaulting man in Barbados September 27, 2019
- “Strong” tropical wave approaching Barbados, officials monitoring system September 21, 2019
- Barbados: Decomposed bodies of two women found September 7, 2019
- Barbados pastor Victor Roach dies July 21, 2019
- After recording 32 murders, Barbados looks to FBI July 21, 2019
- Barbados restructuring Customs Dep’t July 18, 2019