Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — Three shooting deaths within the first two weeks of the year have left residents in some communities fearing for their lives. This is in light of the brazenness of the shootings, some of which occurred in broad daylight.
The most recent killing took place on Tuesday when Daryll “Rude” Harris, of Phase 2, Barbarees Garden, St Michael, was brutally murdered.
The 42-year-old father of 13 was at home when a gunman walked up and shot him nine times. He was taken by private vehicle to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH), where he died.
His family was too distraught to speak to the media but his mother, in tears, said repeatedly: “They killed my son.”
Harris was recovering from two gunshot wounds to the feet last December in New Orleans, The City, and was on crutches.
More Barbados News Stories
- Barbados: Wigs and eyelashes earn thief jail time November 22, 2019
- Barbados PM: Power outage ‘embarrassing’ November 22, 2019
- Barbados hit by two days of power outages November 20, 2019
- Bajan lawyer facing disbarment over client’s monies November 2, 2019
- Barbados reaches deal with foreign creditors October 21, 2019
- Barbados: Marriott buying Elegant Hotels Group October 21, 2019
- Barbados native Shakera Yearwood flying high in Dubai September 30, 2019