Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) –– A cricket ball which was hit for six has left a young mother grieving the death of her baby.
Odeoinger Cunningham, 24, who was seven months pregnant, said she was struck in the stomach by the ball during a Premier League cricket game at Valery Pasture, Brittons Hill, St Michael, last November.
Cunningham was rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) where she said doctors told her the baby had received a blow to the head and they had to perform a C-section right away since there was a 50/50 chance that either she or the baby could die.
The baby, who was to be named Tadre’s, died the next day at the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
Six months after that ordeal, which also resulted in Cunningham being placed on the Psychiatric Ward, she is still trying to comprehend the situation. (MB)
More Barbados News Stories
- Barbados native Shakera Yearwood flying high in Dubai September 30, 2019
- Trinidadian women charged for assaulting man in Barbados September 27, 2019
- “Strong” tropical wave approaching Barbados, officials monitoring system September 21, 2019
- Barbados: Decomposed bodies of two women found September 7, 2019
- Barbados pastor Victor Roach dies July 21, 2019
- After recording 32 murders, Barbados looks to FBI July 21, 2019
- Barbados restructuring Customs Dep’t July 18, 2019