Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — The Argentine mechanic charged in connection with the skimming scam that touched scores of Barbadian bank accounts was remanded to prison when he appeared in court yesterday.
Joaquin Alberto Lobo pleaded not guilty stealing $3 040 in money which belonged to the Barbados Public Workers Cooperative Credit Union Limited between July 6 and 7.
He is also accused, but not required to plead to stealing $79 770 belonging to CIBC FirstCaribbean between July 5 and 8.
He was remanded to prison until August 14.
Lobo, 33, of Caseros, Buenos Aires, Argentina, entered Barbados by air on July 3.
More Barbados News Stories
- Barbados: Scotiabank to trim staff November 27, 2019
- Barbados to debate new Immigration Bill November 25, 2019
- Barbados: Wigs and eyelashes earn thief jail time November 22, 2019
- Barbados PM: Power outage ‘embarrassing’ November 22, 2019
- Barbados hit by two days of power outages November 20, 2019
- Bajan lawyer facing disbarment over client’s monies November 2, 2019