Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Bankers Association of Saint Lucia mourns the passing of Sir Dwight Venner.
Sir Dwight made a significant impact on the financial services sector within Saint Lucia and the wider OECS territory, having served as Governor of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) from 1989 to 2015.
Sir Dwight was well respected by the banking industry given his vast knowledge and experience. His guidance and support was paramount to the progress and success of the indigenous banks of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union.
On behalf of all its member banks, the Bankers Association of St. Lucia extends its sincere condolences to Sir Dwight’s family.
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff
- 1.5 million Caribbean jobs expected to be lost due to COVID-19 — ILO
- St Lucia photographer Kirk Elliott launches FREE Virtual Photo Tour
- Saint Lucian cultural activist says working from home increased her creative juices (+video)
- Sagicor launches plan for frontline ‘heroes’
- Caribbean Association of Banks appoints new director
- Digicel’s US$1.7-billion debt restructuring deal amounts to default: Moody’s
- Export Saint Lucia, gov’t say local businesses experience growth after overseas Mission
- WLBL and SLD urge Saint Lucian consumers to drink responsibly