Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) The disciplinary committee of the Barbados Bar Association has made a recommendation for another attorney to be disbarred.
It is expected to make the recommendation that Philip Nicholls be struck from the list of attorneys when the matter is heard by the Court of Appeal on November 13.
The disciplinary committee said Nicholls had not been able to account for $860 000, the proceeds of the sale of a property in 2008, previously owned by his clients John and Hazel Connor.
John Patrick Connor died in August 2008, while his wife remained at Rendezvous Retreat Nursing Home. However, she has since been removed from the facility as she could no longer afford to be kept there, and is being cared for by her sister.
More Barbados News Stories
- Barbados: Historic guilty pleas to murder January 17, 2020
- Former Barbados government minister guilty of money laundering January 17, 2020
- Barbados: Two charged with robbing KFC January 16, 2020
- Barbados: Legalise same-sex marriage January 16, 2020
- Barbados gov’t digging for corruption January 16, 2020
- Barbados: Minister used position for greedy gains January 15, 2020
- Barbados: Nude beachgoer admitted to psych hospital January 15, 2020
- Barbados: Medicinal marijuana licensing ‘to begin next month’ January 14, 2020
- Woman dies after JetBlue flight from Barbados; family wants answers January 13, 2020