Share This On:
The man accused of murdering Alisha Hunte, a former St. Lucia Carnival Queen contestant, was granted bail in the sum of $100,000, when he made an appearance at the Criminal Court on Friday.
Tristan Francis, the boyfriend of the deceased, who was represented by Attorney-at-Law Leslie Mondesir was charged with the capital offense.
He appeared before Justice Francis Cumberbatch.
Francis is expected to pay half of the total sum of bail in cash and the rest as suitable surety.
The 22-year-old woman’s body was discovered lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds in the bathroom of her Trouya apartment on May 18, 2011.
Hunte was a contestant in the 2009 St. Lucia Carnival Queen Pageant.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM